Sunday 7 December 2014

Travelling Musings

Living in a town and working full time means that I don't get to spend as much time as I would like out in nature and walking the land.  But I do get to drive through the countryside quite often 


During my journeys I watch the seasons turn, I see the first buds on the trees as spring starts to stir from it's winters slumber and fields full of lambs, playing and skipping.  I watch as the trees become full of leaves and abundance at full summer.  I enjoy driving past fields full of pink poppies and watch as the farmers start to harvest their crops (getting stuck behind trackers isn't so pleasant though) 

But my favourite time of year has to be autumn.  Watching as the leaves on the trees turn into glorious colours.  This symbolises the year going out in a final blaze of glory, like the finale at a firework display when the best and most colourful of fireworks are left til last.  Autumn for me is Winter's Spring.  

But what struck me as I was driving to a meeting this week is that the trees look most beautiful when they are waning in energy.  

They don't fight the ageing process or the cycle of their lives; they surrender to it and they are stunning.   So even in death there is beauty to be found if we only just surrender



No comments:

Post a Comment