Saturday 20 September 2014

Magic happens ... even in Zumba class

I have quite a stressful job so when the weekend comes around I need something to help me let go of all that tension.  My Saturday morning ritual usually consists of a really energetic zumba class to blow away the cobwebs

Personally speaking dance and movement are the best ways to raise energy, they can also be a form of meditation.  There aren't many thoughts that sneak into my head in zumba class that's for sure!!

This week has been particularly stressful at work ... I won't bore you with the details but I was feeling all sorts of emotional.  So whilst in Zumba class today, when the energy was at its highest, I just let go of it all.  I watched as all the pent up feelings just floated out of the nearest door or window and it was like a weight lifted from my shoulders.   I asked for all the negativity I'd released from myself to be dispersed and recycled by the universe :-)

Then for the rest of the class I set the intention to be filled with joy and laughter, and I wasn't disappointed as it turned out to be one of the best classes with some great tracks.  We were dancing like gangstas one minute, playing air guitar to a rock song the next, followed by smoking hot salsa tracks ... all therapy for me

So you don't have to make time for magic, you can do it anywhere ... even in a zumba class :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment